The following illustrates what our certified technicians check during scheduled PM visits:
- Correct pressure is tested where applicable.
- Ensure unit is operating at correct temperature.
- Inspect all door gaskets for proper seating and cleanliness.
- Clean and adjust all main burners and pilots as needed.
- Clean combustion compartments and venting passages as needed.
- Leak test and lubricate all valves as needed.
- Observe proper burner ignition and make necessary adjustments.
- Ensure that all baffles, deflectors, firebricks and ceramics are in good operating condition.
- Ensure proper operation of pilot safety equipment.
- Ensure correct voltage and amperage is being utilized.
- Repair any faulty connections.
- Inspect condition of wire insulation.
- Ensure correct operating cycle.
- Lubricate where applicable.
- Inspect conduit and electrical feeds for unusual wear and tear.
- Ensure proper inlet pressure.
- Inspect all steam traps for proper dumping ability.
- Inspect all check valves.
- Leak check all steam joints.
- Ensure proper seating ability on all drain valves.
- Check all gaskets and packing.
- Inspect all water level and related gauges and controls.
- Inspect control linkage, door latches and safety interlock devices as needed.
- Ensure venting valves and traps for proper operation.